Danielle Morrill, CEO of Mattermark -- In this episode, Danielle shares her company's origin story, including how they created an addicting, ubiquitous newsletter read by VCs and entrepreneurs everywhere. You'll also hear...
1) Why a TV show inspired Danielle to launch a media company, not software startup, and why she was disillusioned with Silicon Valley.
2) The domino effect of thinking and operating that way at first and how this led to the SaaS startup success that is Mattermark today.
3) Why Danielle would outright argue with almost every VC she called to sell early on in the company's history.
Let me know what you think of the show -- tweet me (Jay Acunzo) @jayacunzo
NYC's Vin Vacanti of Yipit -- In this episode of Traction, we tell the story of Vin Vacanti, co-founder/CEO of Yipit (daily deals aggregator) and YipitData (analyzes web data for institutional investors). This episode features a really great story with some very tangible lessons and tactics that Vin willingly shares, including...
1) Why Vin and his co-founder taught themselves to code long before it was common -- and well before any tools existed to shortcut your learning the ropes. As a result, Vin has a great framework for deciding if this is a viable path for your product.
2) Exactly how Vin launched Yipit.com and built his list to the initial 10K and 50K users.
3) Why Vin decided to pivot the business (read: launch a second startup) and what he learned going from B2C to B2B.
Listeners should also check out Vin's blog, ViniciusVacanti.com.
BONUS: Subscribe to nextviewvc.com/blog by September 10, 2015, for a special mini-episode with Vin's framework for non-technical founders to decide whether they need a technical co-founder, featuring a special guest!
Let me know what you think of the show -- tweet me (Jay Acunzo) @Jay_zo